Boo! at the Zoo is Halloween Fun for Everyone!
This year, Boo! at the Zoo is a week-long fall festival! Join us Monday, October 20 – Sunday, October 26 for fun activities, a “click or treat” scavenger hunt, animal pumpkin stomp & chomps and more!
Activities vary daily and are included with Zoo admission.
- Pumpkin Patches
- Seven themed pumpkin patches with photo opportunities located throughout the Zoo — be sure to bring your camera!
- Click or Treat Scavenger Hunt
- Test your knowledge and follow signs leading you through each Zoo trail to the pumpkin patches.
- Scarecrow Straw Maze
- Straw bale maze with fall décor located in Plaza de Los Niños.
- Spirit Week
- Different themes each day to don costumes. See schedule below.
- Monster Midway
- Carnival games and activities located Lakeside
- Featuring Sagicor Life Insurance Company, SummerWinds Nursery, Arizona Beef Council, Outback Steakhouse and MARTZ / Community. Saturday and Sunday only.
- Pumpkin Stomp & Chomp
- Animals throughout the Zoo stomp and chomp on pumpkins and other behavioral enrichment treats. See schedule below. Subject to change without notice.
- Eek-O-Friendly Costume Swap is back! Bring a gently-worn costume and swap it with other guests as part of our EEK-O-Friendly Costume Swap. It is a great way to reduce, reuse and recycle.
- And more!
Pumpkin Stomp & Chomp Schedule
Monday, October 20
10 a.m. Komodo dragon
12 p.m. Siamang
2 p.m. Horse Barn
Tuesday, October 21
10 a.m. Galapagos Tortoises
12 p.m. Farm Sheep
2 p.m. Rhea/Cavy
Wednesday, October 22
10 a.m. Goats
12 p.m. Baby Komodo dragon
2 p.m. Prairie Dogs
Thursday, October 23
10 a.m. Elephants
12 p.m. Coati
2 p.m. Vultures (front exhibit)
Friday, October 24
10 a.m. Galapagos Tortoises
12 p.m. Andean Bear
2 p.m. Stingray Bay (entrance fee required)
Saturday, October 25
10 a.m. Javalina
12 p.m. Hamadryas baboons
2 p.m. Warty pigs
Sunday, October 26
10 a.m. Jaguar
12 p.m. Cows on the Farm
2 p.m. Gibbons
Mondays are meant for messy hair! Roll out of bed and leave it as is (or wear a crazy hat) for Manic Monday.
Tuesday Team Day
Whether by touchdown, goal or crossing the finish line, score points on Tuesday Team Day and dress as your favorite athlete or in sports team attire.
Yee-haw cowboys and cowgirls! Wrangle up your plaid, boots and ten-gallon hats to represent the Old West on Western Wednesday.
Treasure & Tiara Thursday (Pirate & Princess Day)
Yo Ho, Yo Ho! It’s off to Boo you go! Wear a tiara or a buccaneer hat to participate in Treasure & Tiara Thursday.
Friend or Foe Friday (Superhero & Villain Day)
Superhero or villain — which one will you be? On Friend or Foe Friday, set your superpowers free!
Spots or stripes, beaks or snouts, dressing up as your favorite animal is what Safari Saturday is all about! Can’t choose an animal? That’s okay! Throw on your safari gear and call it a day!
You work so hard on your costumes, why not wear them once more? Sunday Spooktacular is just what that is for! Wear your costume for Halloween 2014.