Celebrate children, animals and culture at Día del Niño! Join the Phoenix Zoo on Sunday, April 26 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. and enjoy music, folkloric dancers, games, piñata bashing by some of our animals and other fun activities.
Activities included with Zoo admission.
ASU at the Zoo!
- Be sure to stop by Lemur Lane for fun games, crafts and other activities with the ASU Special Events class!
- Puzzle Mosaics: Decorate your own puzzle piece and help color in eight large animal puzzles!
- Animal Imitation Theater: Put on an “animal costume” and act out parts in a short story read in both English and Spanish.
- Come on a Safari: Hop into your own little jeep and make your way along the Safari Path as your tour guide shares information about the animals hidden in the bushes!
- Photo Opportunities: Watch for the mobile picture frames and snap family photos! There will also be a photo op booth with a WILD backdrop!
- Scavenger Hunt: Make your first stop just inside the Zoo’s entrance and pick up your Zoo passport. Solve riddles and visit the animals before returning to the booth to get a prize!
- Learning Chain: Once you have finished your Zoo visit, stop by the Learn, Discover and Share booth near the exit to write down your reflections on a banner!
- Be an Animal for the Day: Create your very own animal mask with feathers and colors!
- Find the Bear Hearts: Search for the bear heart … answer a trivia question … receive a neat prize!
- Social Media: Watch for the mobile Instagram frame and send your photos to the special ASU at the Zoo Dίa del Niño social media pages!
Arts & Crafts
- Join us in the C.W. & Modene Neely Event Center to create your own festive maraca!
C.W. & Modene Neely Event Center
10 a.m. – Ballet Folklórico Esperanza
11 a.m. – Ballet Folklórico Quetzalli
12 p.m. – Ballet Folklórico Espíritu
1 p.m. – Ballet Folklórico Quetzalli
2 p.m. – Ballet Folklórico Nueva Ilusion
3 p.m. – Tradiciones Dance Company
10 a.m. – Animals of the Southwest Show (Enchanted Forest Amphitheater)
10:45 a.m. – Mariachi Espíritu
12 p.m. – Animals of the Southwest Show (Enchanted Forest Amphitheater)
2 p.m. – Mariachi Pasión
Día del Niño 2014 Photos