Don’t miss our annual Dia del Niño festival!!
Join us for a wild and wonderful celebration of children, animals and Hispanic culture at one of our busiest, biggest events!
Don’t miss this fun, family event featuring DJs, mariachi bands, folkloric dancers, clowns, face painting, crafts and activities…all with a festive Latin flare!
ACTIVITIES (included with Phoenix Zoo admission)
Día del Niño Sponsor Fun
Music, DJs, mariachi bands, dancers, clowns, face painting, crafts and activities…all with a festive Latin flare… provided by Univision and La Campesina.
Meet Maya and Miguel from PBS
10 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
1 – 3:30 p.m.
Everyone’s favorite twins are bringing their crazy adventures to the Phoenix Zoo’s Dia del Niño.
Join Maya and Miguel for a special meet and greet at the Windmill House at Harmony Farm!
Loco for Lucha Libre!
10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Get ready to rumble with real live luchadors from Lucha Libre Por.
Unleash your inner animal at this meet-and-greet and photo op at Plaza de los Niños!
Free Carousel Rides
Enjoy free rides on the Endangered Species Carousel courtesy of Toyota Valley Dealers!
ASU @ the Zoo!
Be sure to stop by Lemur Lane for fun games, crafts and other activities with the ASU Special Events class!
- Dance Party: Get down and boogie at a fun, funky dance party.
- Sidewalk chalk: Create wildly creative chalk art with the ASU crew.
- Come on a Safari: Hop into your own little jeep as your tour guide shares information about the animals hidden in the bushes!
- Photo Opportunities: Watch for the mobile picture frames and snap family photos. There will also be a photo op booth with a WILD backdrop!
- Be an Animal for the Day: Create your very own animal mask with feathers and colors!
- Butterfly Tree: Flutter by and create a colorful butterfly to decorate our tree!
Have you ever seen an animal shake a maraca? Or pound a piñata? Watch as some of our animals celebrate Día del Niño, too!
Elephants, Galapagos turtles, Komodo dragons and Warty pigs are just a few of the creatures to join in the fun.
- 9:30 a.m. Jaguar
- 10 a.m. Emerald Tree Boa
- 10:30 a.m. Golden Conures/ Plush-crested Jays
- 11 a.m. Caracal
- 11:20 a.m. Warty Pig
- 12:30 p.m. Squirrel Monkey
- 12:45 a.m. Galapagos Tortoise (bi-lingual)
- 1 p.m. Coati
- 1:15 p.m. Chilean Flamingo
- 2 p.m. Komodo Dragon (bi-lingual)
- 2:30 p.m. Elephant (bi-lingual)
Piñatas for the Children (Lakeside Tent)
- 10 a.m. – Ages 5 and under
- 11:30 a.m. – Ages 6 and up
- 1:00 p.m. – Ages 5 and under
- 2:30 p.m. – Ages 6 and up
C.W. & Modene Neely Event Center:
- 10 – 10:45 a.m. – Ballet Folklorico Esperanza
- 11 – 11:45 a.m. – Ballet Folklorico Quetzalli
- 12 – 12:45 p.m. – Tradiciones Dance Company
- 12:45 p.m. – 1:45 p.m. – Ballet Folklorico Quetzalli
- 2 – 2:45 p.m. – Tradiciones Dance Company
- 3 – 3:45 p.m. – Ballet Folklorico Nueva Ilusion
Plaza de los Niños:
- 10 a.m. – Noon – Mariachi Alma Nacional
- Noon – 1 p.m. – Mariachi Espiritu
- 1 – 1:30 p.m. – Ballet Folklorico Espiritu
- 1:30 – 1:50 p.m. – Organización Charra Virgen de la Soledad Girls Side Saddle & Boys Roping Show
- 2 – 2:30 p.m. – Group Axe Capoeira
- 2:30 – 3:30 p.m. – Mariachi Sol Azteca