Calling All Party Animals, Let’s Party for the Planet!
SRP EarthWise Energy Presents Earth Day at the Phoenix Zoo
Join more than 100 of the top zoos and aquariums across North America (including the Phoenix Zoo) to create the largest combined Earth Day celebration in the country. Phoenix Zoo’s Party for the Planet features activities, crafts, music (and more!) among some of the planet’s most intriguing and inspiring wildlife.
- 10 a.m. – Ladybug release at Harmony Farm.
- 11 a.m. – Sheep shearing demonstration at Harmony Farm.
9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Make an “Earth Day Pledge” as a promise to protect our environment, which in turn protects animals all over the world.
- Meet with members of the Zoo’s Behavioral Enrichment Team to create B.E. for Zoo animals and discuss types of items that the Zoo reuses to create B.E.
- Meet with members of the Zoo’s Conservation Team to learn about how the Phoenix Zoo is working to save endangered animals.
- Learn how your sustainability efforts help protect wildlife and wild places.
- Meet with community partners featuring conservation-minded activities.
- Music, dancing and games with Radio Disney.
- Earth Day themed games and activities.
- Fun Earth Day inspired arts and crafts.
- Visit the Phoenix Zoo Auxiliary to learn more about their Handprints in Glass Donor Wall project to raise money for the non-profit Phoenix Zoo.
Event activities are included with general Zoo admission.
Help the Phoenix Zoo and the environment by reducing textile waste!
On Saturday, April 19th from 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., the Phoenix Zoo will be hosting a clothing drive in collaboration with its Earth Day celebration. There will be a tent located curbside just south of the ticket windows; guests can unload items directly from their vehicles.
Donated items will be sorted by our partner, ClothingCycle, and turned into useable secondhand clothing or become wiping rags for commercial and industrial use. Some items are recycled into fibers to make everyday products like carpet padding, upholstery, and insulation.
The Zoo will be paid $.15 per pound of textiles donated. Last year, Phoenix Zoo’s Earth Day clothing drive raised $186.75 with the donated 1,245 pounds of collected items.
- Stuffed Animals
- Duffle Bags
- Sports Bags
- Sleeping Bags
Earth Day 2013 Photos
Thank You to our Sponsors