All event activities are included with regular Zoo admission
REDUCE YOUR FOOTPRINT… REDUCE. REUSE. RECYLE.
Come together at the Phoenix Zoo for a “ROAR”ing good time, as we battle pollutant predators and toxic villains that are destroying our planet! Get hands-on with fun, earth-friendly activities that will help save our environment and all of its creatures from extinction. Make an impact by learning to Reduce, Reuse and Recycle!
Recycle with Charity Recycling Solutions and Make a Difference
Charity Recycling Solutions will pay the Phoenix Zoo for each pound of recycled material received. To help, simply bring your used clothing, bedding, shoes, and books to the Zoo’s front curb. Money raised will go towards the Zoo’s effort to protect endangered species!
Items accepted by Charity Recycling Solutions:
- All clothing and clothing accessories (including purses, belts, shoes, hats and jackets)
- Towels, bedsheets and pillow cases (no pillows)
- Books (no magazines)
Visit Earth Station Destinations Throughout the Zoo
- Water Conservation: Desert tortoises are experts at conserving water. Learn how you can be a water conservation expert, too!
- Energy Conservation: Many animals conserve energy by staying very still. Come learn how you can conserve energy by being active instead!
- Reduce: Discover how you can reduce your consumption of wasteful products. Play a fun “fishing” game to help remove harmful plastics and other recyclable items from Arizona’s waterways!
- Reuse: In the wild, orangutans use branches and leaves to create nesting beds. Outside the wild, they use donated items like sheets and burlap sacks. Join us and see how you can be resourceful like an orangutan and turn discarded items into reusable treasures.
- Recycle: Is this recyclable? Test your knowledge and learn some surprising facts about recycling around the Valley.
- Non –Toxic Cleaning: Come make a mess with us! Then we’ll show you how safe, simple, and inexpensive cleanup can be!
- 10:15 a.m. AZ Aviary Birds
- 10:30 a.m. Prairie Dog
- 11:20 a.m. Warthog
- 12:45 p.m. Galápagos Tortoise
- 1:15 p.m. Chilean Flamingo
- 2 p.m. Komodo Dragon
- 2:30 p.m. Elephant
Earth Day Sponsor Fun!
Enjoy music and games from DinoCrew Entertainment.
- Meet Raja the baby T-Rex
*Raja will be available at 20 min increments during the following times: 9:30 a.m., 10:30 a.m., 11:30 a.m., 1:30 p.m., 2:30 p.m. & 3:30 p.m.*
- Led by ASU School of Life Science; discover the Earth as it was when dinosaurs roamed the planet.
- Create your own safari costume using recyclable materials.
Watch our staff release ladybugs to help keep destructive insects away and keep our gardens beautiful
- 10 a.m. | 1 p.m.
Meet with the Phoenix Zoo’s Green Team and learn about their conservation efforts and accomplishments. Participate in fun recycling games!
Phoenix Zoo Auxiliary
Support the Auxiliary’s fundraising efforts by purchasing a handprint tile for the glass donor wall and other charity charms. Proceeds will help build a 500-seat amphitheater on the Zoo’s Nina Mason Pulliam Children’s Trail.
Fun on the Farm
Composting and Nutrient Cycles with ZooCrew 4-H
Chop up food and feed the worms while learning about all the creatures in the soil.
AZ Desert Weavers and Spinners Demonstration
Discover how to make yarn from wool on different weavers and spinners.
Create works of art by recycling old crayons using the energy from the sun.
Corn Toss Game
Support and promote local farming by playing a fun game of corn toss.
Fruit & Veggie Garden
Use your senses to learn about the produce grown right here at the Zoo.
Farm Animal Walks
Meet some of the barnyard animals up close and chat with their keepers.