The Phoenix Zoo’s summer evening event, Prowl & Play, will let guests experience the Zoo in a whole new light…or dark! This event offers unique and exciting activities which allow guests to explore, see and hear the Zoo differently than a daytime visit. Join us for magic, music and fun during the evening hours at the Zoo.
Animal viewing is limited during Prowl & Play.
Prowl & Play guests will enjoy an array of activities all designed to delight and entertain:
- Cool off as you prowl, jump and play in the Zoo’s refreshing Leapin’ Lagoon presented by Fisher Price.
- Get wet and wild at the Yakulla Caverns splash pads.
- Enjoy music and games with Radio Disney.
- Adults can purchase and enjoy a cold beer or glass of wine on the Neely Terrace – IDs required.
- Critter Chats – get up-close with some of the Zoo’s smaller animals and chat with their handlers.
- Urban Stew – Explore the sounds of the wild by playing hand-made instruments made of old machine parts, digital micro-controllers, and household objects.
- Plasma Robotics – Check out the Frisbee and basketball tossing robots built by Mesa’s award winning Plasma Robotics team, based out of Red Mountain High School!
- ASU LROC Science Mission Team: Want to learn more about NASA’s exploration of the Moon? Come talk to a Lunar Scientist!
- SEDS-ASU: What do baby food, horses and velcro have to do with space? Find out from students while designing an astronaut space suit and building a constellation finder!
- Sidewalk chalk art – test your skills!
- Tropics Trek – stroll around the lake and talk with a Night Camp Instructor to learn more about Komodo dragons, Asian elephants, orangutans and squirrel monkeys at Monkey Village.
- Enjoy an amazing magician – Funny Magic for Kids with Matt Lemm.
- Walking Water Balls – Test your skills walking on water in one of six giant hamster balls!*
- Face painting fun with candyfacepainting.com *
- Giraffe Encounter 6:30 – 7:30 p.m. Get up-close and personal with our giraffes. *
- Camel Rides – enjoy the view from atop our camels for a one of a kind ride experience. *
- Stingray Bay- touch and feed our stingrays. Open all night. *
- Safari Train- rides until dusk. Train travels past rhino, lion, tiger, cheetah, wild dog, otter and zebra. *
- Carousel rides all night long. *
* Fees apply
TICKETS: Tickets can be purchased online by clicking here or at the gate the night of the event. No refunds for unused individual tickets or the three or two-night Prowl & Play Pass. Tickets have no resale value. Tickets may not be combined with any other Zoo discounts. All tickets have a barcode that admit one person.
FOOD SERVICE: A variety of menu items are available for purchase at Savanna Grill.
GIFT SHOP: Open all evening.