The Phoenix Zoo is bracing for an epic winter storm on Saturday, July 18. More than 60 tons of snow is forecast to fall in several animal exhibits and in areas for guests to enjoy. Come face-to-face with Arizona native reptiles and watch as select animals enjoy ice treats!
A must-see experience at Winter in July is Reba the Asian elephant’s fire hose shower, provided by the Phoenix Fire Department. She looks forward to it every year, so don’t miss out!
All event activities are included with Zoo admission.
- 25 tons of snow for guests
- Chilly Activities:
- Snowball Target Area
- Toddler Snow Pile (Ages 5 and under)
- Get wet and wild at Leapin’ Lagoon and Yakulla Caverns water play area
- Groove with live music and games from DJ Rockin’ Rob
- Craft Station
- Make your own springy snake
- Meet Firefighters from the Phoenix Fire Department
- Learn about water safety
- Tour the firetruck
- Community Sponsors:
- Arizona Connections Academy – Stop by for great giveaways
Stone House Pavilion:
- Magic Show: 8:30 a.m., 9:30 a.m., 10:30 a.m., and 11:30 a.m.
- Arizona Native Species Activities:
- Snake Encounter – Get up close to Arizona native rattlesnakes and chat with their zookeepers
- Meet with the authors of Zoology for Kids and participate in a Sonoran Desert craft activity.
- 35 tons of snow for select animals throughout the Zoo
- “Chilly Creature Features” – Chat with trail guides and watch as animals enjoy icy treats
- Coati – 7:30 a.m. (Arizona Trail)
- Coyote – 8 a.m. (Arizona Trail)
- Javelina – 8:30 a.m. (Arizona Trail)
- Galapagos Tortoise – 9 a.m. (Tropics Trail)
- Condors – 9:30 a.m. (Arizona Trail)
- Prairie Dog – 10:00 a.m. (Arizona Trail)
- Warty Pig – 10:30 a.m. (Arizona Trail)
- Elephant Shower – 11 a.m. (Tropics Trail)
- Winter photo opportunity at the trail entrance near Stingray Bay.