The Phoenix Zoo is bracing for an epic winter storm on Saturday, July 18. More than 60 tons of snow is forecast to fall in several animal exhibits and in areas for guests to enjoy. Come face-to-face with Arizona native reptiles and watch as select animals enjoy ice treats!
A must-see experience at Winter in July is Reba the Asian elephant’s fire hose shower, provided by the Phoenix Fire Department. She looks forward to it every year, so don’t miss out!
All event activities are included with Zoo admission.
- 25 tons of snow for guests
- Chilly Activities:
- Snowball Target Area
- Toddler Snow Pile (Ages 5 and under)
- Get wet and wild at Leapin’ Lagoon and Yakulla Caverns water play area
- Groove with live music and games from DJ Rockin’ Rob
- Craft Station
- Make your own springy snake
- Meet Firefighters from the Phoenix Fire Department
- Learn about water safety
- Tour the firetruck
- Community Sponsors:
- Sagicor Life Insurance – Coloring and Face Painting
- Arizona Connections Academy – Stop by for great giveaways
Stone House Pavilion:
- Magic Show: 8:30 a.m., 9:30 a.m., 10:30 a.m., and 11:30 a.m.
- Arizona Native Species Activities:
- Snake Encounter – Get up close to Arizona native rattlesnakes and chat with their zookeepers
- Arizona Native Species and Desert themed photo opportunity
- The Phoenix Zoo Auxiliary will be selling raffle tickets for a chance to win a $500 glass handprint tile.
- Meet with the authors of Zoology for Kids and participate in a Sonoran Desert craft activity.
- 35 tons of snow for select animals throughout the Zoo
- “Chilly Creature Features” – Chat with trail guides and watch as animals enjoy icy treats
- Coati – 7:30 a.m. (Arizona Trail)
- Coyote – 8 a.m. (Arizona Trail)
- Tiger – 8:15 a.m. (Africa Trail)
- Javelina – 8:30 a.m. (Arizona Trail)
- Galapagos Tortoise – 9 a.m. (Tropics Trail)
- Orangutan – 9:15 a.m. (Tropics Trail)
- Condors – 9:30 a.m. (Arizona Trail)
- Cheetah – 9:45 a.m. ( Africa Trail)
- Prairie Dog – 10:00 a.m. (Arizona Trail)
- Warty Pig – 10:30 a.m. (Children’s Trail)
- Elephant Shower – 11 a.m. (Tropics Trail)
- Seafood Watch- Learn about simple conservation actions you can take to help protect our oceans (Entrance to Arizona Trail)
- Zoology for Kids book signing in the gift shop (11 a.m. – 1 p.m.)
- Winter photo opportunity at the trail entrance near Stingray Bay.
One day only! As a special engagement for Phoenix Zoo guests, THE POLAR EXPRESS 4-D Experience will be showing throughout the day on July 18. Experience the wonder of 4-D at the Zoo’s new 4-D Theater — the first of its kind in the Valley! Each show immerses you in a truly magical way utilizing smells, water, wind and other various in-theater effects. A 4-D Theater ticket is included in the Zoo’s Total Experience Ticket and Value Ticket packages, or can be purchased individually.
Please note Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs – The 4-D Experience and Grizzly Bears 4-D Experience will not be showing on July 18. Both films will resume regular showings on July 19. Please visit our 4-D Theater page for more information.
THE POLAR EXPRESS and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. (s15)