Calling All Party Animals!
Let the Phoenix Zoo host your child’s next birthday party and enjoy a fun, stress-free day celebrating. With a wide range of party options, it’s sure to be a wildly good time!
The Zoo also hosts birthdays for adults! Visit our Host an Event page for more information.
- Hosted Birthday Package
- Venue Rentals
- Package Add Ons
Hosted Birthday Party Package
$300 – general, $250 – Phoenix Zoo members Become a member today!
- Admission to the Zoo for up to 10 children and 12 adults
- Reserved party ramada for 1.5 hours
- Choice of one out of four themes
- Your own personal party host
- Party favor bag for each child
- T-shirt for the birthday child
- Craft activity with party host
- Cake, ice cream and lemonade for all party guests
- Plates, napkins, spoons and candles
- One carousel ride or Stingray Bay admission for each paid child
HOSTED BIRTHDAY PARTY DETAILS
- $30 per additional child – general, $25 per additional child – member
- $20 per additional adult – general, Member adults FREE
- $75 deposit due at the time of reservation
- Full payment is due 14 days prior to date of party
Choose one of four exciting themes:
Perfect for your WILD explorer! Learn about classic animals such as elephants, lions and monkeys!
Go “under the sea” with this theme!
For the birthday kid who loves animals that crawl, buzz and slither!
Great for the little ones. This theme revolves around animals you find on the farm!
Balloons, noise makers, alcohol, piñatas or glassware are not permitted for the safety of the animals, you, your guests and other Zoo patrons. Your party is responsible for transportation and storage of party gifts, food and supplies.
Enjoy your birthday celebration at any one of our great ramada locations!
Tropical Flights – This covered location offers picturesque views of Gibbon Island where your guests can be entertained by this spectacular species.
• Available Saturdays and Sundays – 10 a.m., 12 p.m., 2 p.m.
Siamang Ramada – This exciting location guarantees a swingin’ good time for any age. Go ahead and monkey around under this ramada, which is also close to the Zoo’s Harmony Farm!
• Available Saturdays and Sundays – 10:30 a.m., 12:30 p.m., 2:30 p.m.
Windmill House – Enjoy your birthday in this newly renovated, quaint and cozy room located at Harmony Farm.
• Available Saturdays and Sundays –10:30 a.m., 12:30 p.m., 2:30 p.m.
C. W. and Modene Neely Education and Event Center – Overlooking the Zoo’s Main Lake, this state-of-the-art facility boasts spectacular views and modern rooms, perfect for hosting a unique birthday bash.
• Available Saturdays and Sundays – 10 a.m., 12 p.m., 2 p.m.
You can add on to the basic party package as much as you want! Additional party items include:
Hosted Party Add-Ons:
- Additional child: $30 per – general, $25 per – member
- Additional adult: $20 per – general, Member adults FREE
- Party favor bags: $2.50 each – general, $2.25 each – member
- Pizza: $12 each (large cheese or pepperoni, includes eight slices each)
- Additional cake: $25 each
- Additional T-shirts: $12 each (child XS-XL)
Hosted Party Activity Add-Ons:
- Private Animal Discovery Presentation: $50 – general, $45 – member (must book three weeks in advance, only available for Windmill House and Neely Center parties)
- Stingray Bay Admission: $2 per person (minimum of 22 people)
- Safari Train Ride: $50 – general, $45 – member (minimum of 22 people)
*Hosted Party add-ons are not available for Do-It-Yourself parties.
Additional Party Supplies and Activities for Do-It-Yourself Birthdays:
- Birthday gift bags: $25 each (includes T-shirt)
- Party favor bags: $2.50 each
- Cake: $25 each
Frequently Asked Questions
How many people does my party include?
Your basic birthday party includes admission for 12 adults and 10 kids, including the birthday child.
What if I have more than 10 kids?
On the day of your party, your Phoenix Zoo hostess will conduct a guest head count and advise you of any extra charges. Zoo Reservations will contact you the following week for payment. You do not need to worry about paying for anything extra the day of the party.
How do I find my party location?
Party venue directions are included in your birthday party packet email.
What if I still get lost?
Any Zoo team member will be happy to help you find your party if you get lost.
What do my guests have to do when they get to the Zoo?
Your guests simply enter at the main turnstile and advise the Zoo team member stationed at the turnstile that they are with your party. Your child’s name will be the name the party is under.
How do my guests find the party location?
We highly recommend that you include a copy of the Zoo map and directions from your birthday party packet with each invitation or have them visit phoenixzoo.org and print a copy.
Can I bring my own food and drink?
You can bring your own food as long as it has been commercially prepared. You are also more than welcome to bring a cooler with soda, water, etc. (No alcoholic beverages allowed)
I have a guest that has a hard time walking. How do I get them to and from the party?
If a wheelchair isn’t an option, you can go to the Park Ranger station in the entrance foyer and they can provide the guest with a ride to the party. When the party is over, your hostess will call Park Rangers to pick up the guest and take them back to the front.
How do I get passes to the carousel or Stingray Bay?
If your party is before 2 p.m., the hostess will give you passes at the end of the party. If your party is after 2 p.m., a Zoo team member will have passes for you at the front gate.
I know I can add pizza to my party, but how many slices are there in each pizza?
Each pizza has eight slices. Six pizzas for a basic party should be plenty.
Does my party include a cake?
Yes! Your party comes with a beautifully decorated half-sheet cake from Fry’s Bakery.
What about goodie bags?
Your party includes a goodie bag with safari-themed goodies for each child. Also, the birthday child receives a special birthday T-shirt from the Zoo!
Can I add more things to my party?
Yes, you can! See our ‘Package Add-Ons’ section for more information.
What is an Animal Discovery?
An Animal Discovery is a special presentation for your birthday party. A Zoo animal resources team member will show three to five animals during a 20 – 30 minute timeframe. Many of the animals are available to touch!
What age group are your birthdays geared toward?
Our birthdays are geared for children 1 – 12 years old.
I have a teenager who wants a party at the Zoo. What should I do?
You can rent a ramada inside the Zoo and create your own celebration!
Can we come to the Zoo before the scheduled party time?
Yes! Your hosted party includes all day admission for all your guests and you are more than welcome to come early and stay after the party.
For additional information or to book your party, please call 602.914.4333.