Give your child a birthday they’ll never forget!
We also host WILD birthdays for adults! Visit our Host an Event page for more information.
- Hosted Birthday Package
- Venue Rentals
- Package Add Ons
Hosted Birthday Party Package
$300 for non-members and $250 for Phoenix Zoo members. Become a member today!
- Admission to the Zoo for up to 10 children and 12 adults
- Reserved party ramada for 1.5 hours
- Choice of one of four themes
- Your own personal party host
- Party favor bags for each child
- T-shirt for the Birthday Child
- Craft activity with party host
- Cake, ice cream and lemonade for all party guests
- Plates, napkins, spoons and candles
- One carousel ride or Stingray Bay admission for each paid child
HOSTED BIRTHDAY PARTY DETAILS
- $30 per additional child, $25 per additional member child
- $20 per additional adult, member adults free
- $75 deposit due at the time of reservation
- Full payment is due 14 days prior to date of party
Choose one of four exciting themes:
Perfect for your WILD explorer! Learn all about classic animals such as elephants, lions and monkeys!
Go ‘under the sea’ with this theme!
For the birthday kid who loves all animals that crawl, buzz and slither!
Great for the little ones, this theme revolves around the fun animals you find on the farm!
Balloons, noise makers, alcohol, piñatas or glassware are not permitted for the safety of the animals, you, your guests and other Zoo patrons.
Your party is responsible for any storage and transportation of any party gifts, food or supplies.
Enjoy your birthday celebration at any one of our great ramada locations!
Tropical Flights – This covered location offers picturesque views of Gibbon Island where your guests can be entertained by this spectacular species.
• Available Saturdays and Sundays – 10 a.m., 12 p.m., 2 p.m.
Siamang Ramada – This exciting location guarantees a swingin’ good time for any age. Go ahead and monkey around under this ramada, which is also close to the Zoo’s Harmony Farm!
• Available Saturdays and Sundays – 10:30 a.m., 12:30 p.m., 2:30 p.m.
Windmill House – Enjoy your birthday in this newly renovated, quaint and cozy room located at Harmony Farm.
• Available Saturdays and Sundays –10:30 a.m., 12:30 p.m., 2:30 p.m.
C. W. and Modene Neely Education and Event Center – Overlooking the Zoo’s Main Lake, this state-of-the-art facility boasts spectacular views and modern rooms, perfect for hosting a unique birthday bash.
• Available Saturdays and Sundays – 10 a.m., 12 p.m., 2 p.m.
You can add on to the basic party package as much or as little as you want! Items you can add to the party include:
Hosted Party Add-Ons:
- Additional child: $30 per non-member, $25 per member
- Additional adult: $20 per non-member, member adults free
- Party favor bags: $2.50 each/$2.25 each (member price)
- Pizza: $12 each (large cheese or pepperoni includes eight slices each)
- Additional cake: $25 each
- Additional T-shirts: $12 each (child XS-XL)
Hosted Party Activity Add-Ons:
- Private Animal Discovery Presentation: $50 ($45 member price) (must book three weeks in advance, only available for Windmill House and Neely Center parties)
- Stingray Bay Admission: $2 per person (minimum of 22 people)
- Train Ride: $50 ($45 member price) (minimum of 22 people)
* Hosted Party add-ons are not available for “Do-It-Yourself” parties.
Additional Party Supplies and Activities for Do-It-Yourself Birthdays:
- Birthday gift bag: $25.00 each (includes T-shirt)
- Party favor bags: $2.50 each
- Cake: $25.00 each
Frequently Asked Questions
How many people does my party include?
Your basic birthday party includes admission for 12 adults and 10 kids, including the birthday child.
What if I have more than 10 kids?
The day of your party, your hostess will do a head count and get with you about any extra charges that you need to pay. Reservations will contact you the following week for payment. You don’t need to worry about paying for anything extra the day of the party.
What do my guests have to do when they get to the Zoo?
Your guests simply need to walk to the turnstile and tell the Zoo employee that they are with your party, your child’s name will be the name the party is under.
How do I find my party location?
When you get your birthday packet e-mail, there will be directions to your party venue.
How do my guests find the party location?
We highly recommend that you include a copy of the map and directions from your packet with each invitation or have them visit the website and print up their own copy.
What if I still get lost?
Any Zoo employee will be happy to help you find your party if you get lost!
Can I bring my own food and drink?
You can bring your own food as long as it has been commercially prepared. You are also more than welcome to bring a cooler with sodas, water, etc.
I have a guest that has a hard time walking. How do I get them to and from the party?
If a wheelchair isn’t an option, you can go to the ranger station in the entrance foyer and they can give the guest a ride to the party. When the party is over, your hostess will call for them to come pick up the guest and take them back to the front.
How do I do the carousel ride/stingray bay?
If your party is before 2 p.m., the hostess will give you passes at the end of the party. If your party is after 2 p.m., the Zoo employee will have the passes for you at the front gate.
I know I can add pizza to my party, but how many slices are there in each pizza?
Each of our pizzas has eight slices. Six pizzas for a basic party should be plenty.
Does my party include a cake?
Yes! Your party comes with a beautiful ½ sheet cake from the Fry’s bakery.
How about goodie bags?
Your party includes goodie bags for each of the kids with safari themed goodies. Also the birthday child gets a special birthday t-shirt from the Zoo!
Can I add more things to my party?
Yes you can! See our “Package Add Ons” section for more information.
What is an Animal Discovery?
An Animal Discovery is a special presentation for your birthday party. An animal resources employee will show between three and five animals during a 20-30 minute time frame. Many of the animals are available to touch!
What age group are your birthdays geared toward?
Our birthdays are geared for kids 1-12 years old.
I have a teenager who wants a party at the Zoo, what should I do?
You can rent a Ramada inside the Zoo and create your own celebration!
Can we come to the Zoo before the scheduled party time?
Yes! Your hosted party includes all day admission for all your guests, and you are more than welcome to come early and stay after the party.
If you have any question, would like to book your party, add on any additional items please call the Reservations department at 602.914.4333.